As a digital agency, social media management is a crucial aspect of your marketing strategy. One of the biggest challenges of social media marketing is creating and publishing content consistently. This is where social media automation tools come in handy. In this blog post, we'll explore the benefits of automating your social media strategy and recommend some of the best automation tools to help you get started.
Benefits of automating your social media strategy
Automating your social media strategy can save you time, streamline your social media efforts, and help you focus on growing your business. Here are some of the key benefits of social media automation:
- Consistency: By scheduling your social media content in advance, you can ensure that you're publishing content consistently, even when you're busy with other tasks.
- Efficiency: Social media automation tools allow you to manage multiple social media accounts in one place, saving you time and effort.
- Analytics: Most automation tools provide analytics and insights to help you monitor your social media performance and optimize your strategy accordingly.
- Collaboration: Many automation tools offer team collaboration features that allow you to work with your team on social media content.
Questions you should ask yourself before making a decision:
- What's my budget (am I willing to pay for a tool)?
- Which platforms do I want to manage from the tool?
- Which Analytical data points does the tool need to provide me (e.g. engagement rate, shares etc)?
- How many companies/social media accounts do I want to manage with the tool?
Best automation tools for social media management
There are several social media automation tools available in the market. Here are some of the best automation tools to help you automate and schedule your social media strategy:
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is one of the most popular social media automation tools. It allows you to manage all your social media accounts in one place and schedule posts in advance. Hootsuite also provides analytics and insights to help you monitor your social media performance.
- Buffer: Buffer is another popular automation tool that enables you to schedule posts on multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. It also provides analytics and insights to help you optimize your social media strategy.
- Sprout Social: Sprout Social is a comprehensive social media management tool that includes automation, scheduling, analytics, and customer engagement features. It also provides insights into your social media performance and allows you to collaborate with your team on social media content.
- Agora Pulse: Agora Pulse is an all-in-one social media management tool that includes automation, scheduling, and analytics features. It allows you to manage multiple social media accounts, track engagement metrics, and collaborate with your team.
- Later: Later is a popular scheduling tool for Instagram, although it also supports Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. It offers a visual content calendar that allows you to preview your posts before they go live and provides analytics to track your social media performance.
- MeetEdgar: MeetEdgar is an automation tool that focuses on recycling your evergreen content. It allows you to categorize your content by topic and schedule posts to be shared multiple times over an extended period.
- CoSchedule: CoSchedule is a content marketing platform that offers social media scheduling, automation, and analytics features. It also includes a content calendar, team collaboration tools, and a social media inbox for managing social media conversations.
The drawback for some or even all of the tools above is that, as they support more than one social media platform, they can sometimes take some time to catch up with the newest features available in those platforms. E.g. when Instagram rolled out reels they weren't available on a lot of platforms right away.
If, however, you want to focus on Facebook and Instagram alone (and no other social media platforms), then Facebook Creator Studio might be the way to go for you.
Comparing Facebook Creator Studio to other automation tools
Facebook Creator Studio is a free scheduling tool that allows you to schedule and publish posts to your Facebook and Instagram accounts. While it has a user-friendly interface and is budget-friendly, it lacks the comprehensive features of other automation tools. For example, it only supports Facebook and Instagram, which limits its integration capabilities with other social media platforms. Other automation tools like Hootsuite and Buffer allow you to manage multiple social media accounts in one place, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more.
In conclusion, social media automation tools can be a game-changer for your social media strategy. By automating your social media content, you can save time, streamline your social media efforts, and focus on growing your business. If you're interested in supporting your social media efforts with some Google Pay-Per-Click Marketing, we'd highly recommend our Google Ads Beginners Guide.
If the above seems a bit too overwhelming, why not jump on a quick call with us? Schedule it here.